The other day James and I were standing around outside Walmart preparing to do some shopping and chatting to another trucker when an angry looking employee comes up and less all his feelings loose. I will not name the man and I hold nothing against him and the conversation was certainly very informative.
WARNING! This may not be acceptable for younger viewers.
He also said that there are talks throughout the states about sacrificing the profits from all truck drivers and just banning them permanently from all Walmart parking lots. Many locations have already done this already.
So I asked him:
What can truckers do to make it easier?
- Park in the designated parking areas. If in Bobtail form try and fit with 4 spots. If in full form try and park towards the back of the parking lot in an out of the way area. DO NOT Block parking lot traffic.
- Take your the large items from your trash and dump them in the dumpster - if there isn't one please take them elsewhere.
- Dump your pee cannisters elsewhere (proper disposal I am informed is to dump the contents in the grass or down a drain and then dump the container).
- Do not dump any kind of waste (animal or human) in Walmart trash cans)
- If possible please try and take your trash elsewhere.
I mentioned that some signage and direction might be helpful towards pointing truck drivers in the right direction with their trash, and also that many other states have introduced truck parking to guide them on how to park on the lots. Unfortunately, these solutions may have fallen on ears that no longer wish to listen.
Please, if you are a truck driver try and be respectful!!!